- Journal of Applied Materials Engineering — Open Access Journal
- About Journal of Applied Materials Engineering
- Indexing/Abstracting services
- Scientific Committee
- Reviewer Board Members
Journal of Applied Materials Engineering (ISSN 2658-0152; e-ISSN 2658-1744) – formerly the Transactions of the Foundry Research Institute (ISSN 1899-2439) is an international peer-reviewed open access journal published quarterly. The editors are guided by the scope of the publication's ethics in accordance with the guidelines of the COPE Publications Ethics Committee.
- Open Access: free for readers and for authors.
- Reliable service: rigorous peer reviews and professional production.
- Rapid publication: very quickly first decision after the paper submission.
- Extra benefits: no space constraints, no color charges.
Peer-reviewed quarterly Journal of Applied Materials Engineering – formerly the Transactions of the Foundry Research Institute implements – the program ‘Support for scientific journals‘ financed by the Ministry of Science and Education (Contract No. 99/WCN/2019/1).
All articles published until 2019 (inclusive) are free available: www.prace.iod.krakow.pl.
Journal of Applied Materials Engineering (formerly the Transactions of the Foundry Research Institute) – quarterly is acting since 1949 (with a short break), is an international, peer-reviewed journal. The journal publishes original papers in the field of materials science and engineering, synthesis, sintering, characterization, processing and application of superhard, composite and other advanced materials for special use, analysis of solidification and crystallization processes, as well as on computer aided casting design, modeling of foundry processes, high temperature corrosion degradation of the materials for energy and aerospace, surface engineering, conventional and non-conventional product shaping, coatings for harsh environments and working parts, 3D printing methods and materials, technical metrology, surface topography measurement and nondestructive tests techniques. The journal publishes reviews, original research papers and short letter communications. This journal delivers research and other publications in open access form. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible so that the results can be reproduced. There is no restriction on the length of the papers.
The detailed scope of the journal is presented below:
- science and engineering of foundry materials
- theoretical aspects of casting processes
- innovative and modern casting and powder metallurgical techniques
- analysis of solidification and crystallization processes
- computer aided casting design
- computer modelling of mechanical properties
- numerical simulation of materials behavior and processing
- mechanization, automation and robotics in foundry
- synthesis, processing and properties of metal materials, including thermodynamic and physical properties, phase relations, and their relation to microstructure of materials
- metallic foams and other cellular materials
- materials for energy sector
- polymer science, chemistry, physics and crystallization
- composite materials science, manufacturing and performance
- high temperature oxidation and corrosion
- mechanisms and methods of corrosion control, coatings
- 3D printing technologies and materials
- nondestructive testing
- surface engineering
- surface modification techniques
- tribology and wear issues related to manufacturing processes
- physical and chemical vapour deposition techniques
- conventional and non-conventional machining
- technical metrology and surface topography
- science and engineering of advanced ceramics and composite materials, including functional materials, polycrystalline and composite superhard materials based on diamond and cubic boron nitride, ultrahigh temperature ceramics and composites for use in extreme environments, electroconductive ceramics, transparent ceramics and others
- materials synthesis, sintering, characterization and application related issues, including various sintering techniques, physical and mechanical properties of materials, phase relations, and their relation to materials microstructure.
Journal The Transactions of the Foundry Research Institute are indexed in databases, including in:
- ICI Journal Master List (Index Copernicus),
- ARIANTA - Polish Scientific and Professional Electronic Journals,
- Chemical Abstracts Service,
- CEON Biblioteka Nauki,
- Google Scholar.
Scoring by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education: in 2019 year: 20 points.
Scoring at Index Copernicus database: in 2011 year: 4.14; in 2012 year: 5.15; in 2013 year: 6.18; in year 2014: 82.67; in year 2015: 92,32; in year 2016: 88,75; in year 2017: 94.32; in year 2018: 95.93 points.
- Simeon AGATHOPOULOS (Greece)
- Dana BOLIBRUCHOVÁ (Slovakia)
- Andreas BÜHRIG-POLACZEK (Germany)
- Józef DAŃKO (Poland)
- Natalya FROUMIN (Israel)
- Hidetoshi FUJII (Japan)
- Edward GUZIK (Poland)
- Marek HETMAŃCZYK (Poland)
- Mariusz HOLTZER (Poland)
- Milan HORAČEK (Czech Republic)
- Werner HUFENBACH (Germany)
- Jolanta JANCZAK-RUSCH (Switzerland)
- Olga LOGINOVA (Ukraine)
- Enrique LOUIS (Spain)
- Luis Filipe MALHEIROS (Portugal)
- Adam MAZURKIEWICZ (Poland)
- Sergei MILEIKO (Russia)
- Kiyoshi NOGI (Japan)
- Władysław ORŁOWICZ (Poland)
- Alberto PASSERONE (Italy)
- Klaus-Markus PETERS (USA)
- Pradeep Kumar ROHATGI (USA)
- Jan SZAJNAR (Poland)
- Michał SZWEYCER (Poland)
- Roman WRONA (Poland)
Members of the Reviewer Board are selected from all reviewers for regularly providing timely high quality reports on submitted manuscripts.
Reviewers of articles published in the quarterly in 2019:
- Marek Baraniak, PhD., Eng.
- Assist. Prof. Dariusz Bartocha, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Robert Biernacki, PhD., Eng.
- Prof. Dana Bolibruchová, PhD. Eng.
- Patrick Bouvet, PhD.
- Assoc. Prof. János Dobránszky, DSc., PhD.
- Dariusz Drożyński, PhD. Eng.
- Alfredo Flores-Valdés, PhD.
- Assoc. Prof. Peter Futáš, PhD., Eng.
- Prof. Gian Luca Garagnani
- Beata Grabowska, DSc., PhD.
- Assist. Prof. Grzegorz Gumienny, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Prof. Mariusz Holtzer, DSc., PhD.
- Prof. Zenon Ignaszak, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Prof. Lucyna Jaworska, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Prof. Ali İhsan Karayiğit, PhD.
- Assist. Prof. Andrzej Kiełbus, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Prof. Zbigniew Konopka, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Katarzyna Major-Gabryś, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Jolanta Matusiak, PhD., Eng.
- Prof. dr hab. inż. Jarosław Mizera
- Prof. Jerzy Morgiel, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Prof. Kostiantyn Mykhalenkov
- Prof. Imre Norbert Orbulov, DSc., PhD.
- Prof. Jerzy Pacyna, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Doc. Richard Pastirčák, PhD., Eng.
- Assist. Prof. Jacek Pezda, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Piotr Piórkowski, PhD., Eng.
- Prof. Alena Pribulová, Eng., CSc.
- Prof. Iulian Riposan, PhD.
- Prof. Augustin Sládek, PhD., Eng.
- Mateusz Stachowicz, PhD., Eng.
- Doc. Ivo Szurman, PhD., Eng.
- Doc. Markéta Tkadlečkova, PhD., Eng.
- Assist. Prof. Mirosław Tupaj, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Assist. Prof. Andrzej Trytek, DSc., PhD., Eng.
- Eugeniusz Ziółkowski, DSc., PhD., Eng.